The .NET framework allows developers, analysts and architects to exploit the most scalable methods during the application development and deliver consolidated solutions with top level productivity. Furthermore, the framework is an application development platform that offers services for creating, deploying, running desktop, web and mobile applications and internet services. It is composed of two major components, the CLR or the common language run time that provides memory management and other system services and a comprehensive class library that includes tested and reusable code for all the major areas of development.
With regards to .NET development, those who make use of the applications rather of developing them require not have particular understanding about the platform and its operation. The framework is easily installed on the computer if you use a Windows operating system. Moreover, if you install an application that needs the .NET framework, the setup program from the application may install a particular version of the framework within the system.
Below are some services that the .Net framework provides :
1. .NET memory management is handled using Managed Heap. The program is allocated using certain amount of memory.
2. With .NET development, the common types system is a basic compiler that complicates interoperability of cross-language. The basic types of the platform are defined by the type system which is common to all languages targeting .NET.
3. Development technologies and frameworks – includes technologies that include, ASP.NET for web applications, ADO.NET for access of data and Windows Communication Foundation for service-oriented applications.
4. Extensive class library – readily accessible library from the .NET framework class library. This is a great alternative to writing a large amount of code to handle common low-level programming.
5. Version compatibility – applications developed using a certain .NET framework version could run without modification on a later version.
6. Language interoperability – with these features, the routines that are written in a one programming language could be accessed to other programming languages.
7. The .NET development framework has features in developing client application. These include CLR or common language run time and many more.
8. Side-by-side execution – allows multiple application versions to co-exist. Moreover, an application could run on the version of the .NET framework to which it was built.
Although .NET development is an extensive process, you will find methods and methods that it might be simplified. Furthermore, additionally, it customizes numerous enterprise level applications.
The framework comes bundled with many advantages, making it a widely used tool for application development. The .NET is built on various internet standards. These include UDDI, standard to search and discover .NET Development web services, XML, which is a format for exchanging data between web apps, SOAP or standard format for requesting web services and HTTP, a communication protocol between web applications. With the framework there is easy integration of any software into the .Net applications, supports directory services that could base on XML, allows a wide variety of devices in order to access data and applications and supports various levels of services authentication like wallets, passwords and smart cards.
Microsoft i.NET is an exactly platform for the web application development. In this platform you will find many very easy and most user- friendly features that you unlikely to find in any other platform. And the fact that platform offers many different development solutions to the customers make them most popular platform.